Spring is upon us, which means warmer weather, blooming flowers and spring cleaning! While the last task usually includes many organizational aspects, one of the most important things you can do this spring is take care of your floors. Tile is one of the most popular flooring options in the home (whether it’s new construction or an upgrade to an existing structure) most likely because it’s the easiest to clean! Discover how to give your tile floors a deep clean this spring and leave them gleaming all season long.
As one of the easiest surfaces to clean, tile often avoids damaging situations that result from spills. However, it is important to clean these floors on a regular basis, more often than any other surface. To do so:
- Start by sweeping or vacuuming to remove any surface dust or debris.
- Use a damp mop or microfiber cloth to clean the entire surface with a mix of warm water and a mild detergent designed for tile surfaces.
- Follow up with a clean, dry towel to avoid mold or grime.
- Avoid using soaps to clean tile, as it will diminish the surface. Do not use heat treatment on these floors, as this will cause damage to the tile!
- Furniture throughout rooms with tile floors should have protective padding under their legs to prevent scratches and damage.
No matter what kind of flooring you have, it’s imperative to treat each surface with the proper care. Proper maintenance of flooring is something that should be done year-round, but spring is the perfect time to catch up if there has been a lag! No matter what type of flooring you have, it is imperative that you use the correct tools and tactics to best preserve your floors. Each one requires a certain amount of care, but the end result will be well worth it.
To learn more about cleaning hardwood floors, click here.
To learn more about cleaning carpeted floors, click here.